Friday, November 4, 2011

Homemade Maple Syrup. Yum!



I know y'all are wondering how I could possibly make maple syrup without tapping an actual maple tree. Well, I guess you can say it's an affordable "artificial" method that makes a delicious syrup! I was in need of maple syrup for a cupcake recipe. I, of course, didn't have any on hand and want wasn't willing to go and purchase a small, yet expensive, bottle of maple syrup. So I googled and came up with a recipe that worked for me. After a couple of tweaks to the recipe I came up with a winner! So here it is:


1 Cup Water


1 Cup Sugar


2 Cups Brown Packed Sugar


1 Tbsp Maple Extract






Bring the water and sugars to a boil in a medium saucepan at med-high heat. After it starts to boil lower your heat to med-low. Reduce sauce to desired consistency and then add Maple Extract. It's as simple as that! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment